>

19.01.2008

Christoph calling from Coma Studio


Hell-o


This is Christ speaking:

Whoa, what's this? I'm really writing for our blog...

You must be thinking: " Oh my god! The man can't have time for this, when he's singing for the album of the year..." And you're right. But we left the studio a bit earlier today so here we go...

Regular visitors will already know that I'm in Helge Schneider  city Mühlheim a.d. at the moment, in order to give our what it deserves vocal-wise.

My fellow combatants have set extremely high standards. And now I'm facing the huge challenge of reaching those heights. And I can modestly say that I'm doing  well. 

It's day 6 and everythings running smoothly. 9 out of 14 songs are pretty much complete and with Benny's quest for the perfect harmonies I have recorded more vocal-tracks than on all of our albums taken together. 

I can't wait until J-Dawg finally gets his hands on the mixing desk at the Horus Studio to give the Black Path it's direction. No question, it leads upwards. 

A lot of sound will meet the membrane of my little Neumann U87 until then. Therefore it's still time for extreme focus, sobriety and strict bedtimes. 


This is my day:

11:00 Wake, shower etc.

11:30 Take off to the studio via Lintorf, in order to buy food, candles or else

12:00-12:30 Arrival and an attempt at warming up while lighting candles, having breakfast and getting prepped for 10 hours of non-stop recording. 

13:00-23:00 Recording and stand-by of the brain (therefore nothing can be told about this period)

23:00 End of workday, curfew and total exhaustion... Our producer Benny shows his hottest myspace-bitches and off we go, to somewhere in the woods, where benny lives in nice house with his family and two dogs. And at the moment I#m part of this family and feel very welcome...


24:06 Time to go to bed and dream sweet dreams of magic melodies.



Over and out.

Good night Telekrüstoraffemaschinemingo


Keine Kommentare: